The Cookie Law, or EU E-Privacy Directive, is a law that has been brought across Europe to help consumers make informed choices about the cookies they accept on the computer. As of May 26th 2012 the UK and various other countries are beginning to enforce the law so your sites need to be compliant or you risk fines of up to £500,000.
- All About Cookies – Free Cookie Resources
- CookieCert – The Web’s Largest Cookie Database
- ICC Cookie Guide (PDF) – International Chamber of Commerce Guide to Compliance
- ICO Cookies Page – Official Guidance from the UK Governing body
- Your Online Choices – Guide to behavioural advertising and online privacy
Also if you have a few minutes and a sense of humour make sure you check out David Naylor’s interactive guide 😉